Automatic Gate Field Service Technician
ABA Automatic Gates and has served the gate automation industry in WA for more than 25 years. ABA is a leader in its field, servicing and installing quality gate automation to residential, strata and commercial clients. We are also an authorised distributor for Centsys and Ditec automation products in WA and supply directly to trade and public clients from our base in Bibra Lake. We are seeking an additional experienced Field Service Technician to join our team. The job itself involves primarily the service and maintenance of gate automation systems so fault finding experience is a must.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and attributes for their application to be considered:
- Ideally you would have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Field Service Technician in the gate automation field.
- Electronics/electrical, fault finding and rectification skills are a must – candidates willnot be considered without these skills.
- Competent using power tools.
- Reliable, self-motivated and a team player;
- Have good client liaison and record keeping skills; must be computer literate;
- Takes pride in their work;
- Has a National Police Certificate, driver’s licence (manual), Construction Industry White Card.
- You must be able to legally work in Australia.
This is a full-time position, 8am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. In addition to this you will participate in an after-hours call out roster approximately one week in four which includes weekends/public holidays. An additional allowance is paid while on call and call outs are paid at double time.
This position is suited to an enthusiastic, reliable candidate who is looking for a long-term position with a competitive salary and good working conditions. After the probation period a fully maintained vehicle, mobile phone and tablet will be provided.
- Previous experience in the gate automation industry carrying out fault finding and on-site repairs.
- Commitment to safety and to providing the best possible service to customers
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your tasks to ensure service is delivered within customer expectations
- A customer focused attitude – willing to help and support internal and external customers
- Ability to follow procedures.
- As report writing and communicating with clients is an integral part of the position, you will need well developed English skills both written and verbal.
- Be willing to undertake random drug and alcohol testing if required by our clients.
If this position is of interest to you and you fulfil the requirements above, click on the ‘Apply Button’ attaching your resume and a covering letter including your expected base hourly rate. Immediate start is available to the right candidate.